Sunday, June 8, 2008

{wildflower garden}

Since we've moved into this house, I've wanted to create a "wildflower garden". When we sodded the back yard, we even left this spot open. I purchased the border I wanted to use last year as well. Finally, in early June 2008, Matt brought in some soil for me and it began. I used a wide variety of seeds that I had on hand. The bulk was an annual variety and a butterfly/hummingbird variety, but I also planted some old seed packets (Coreopsis, Sunflower, Hollyhock, Jasione, Wild Flax, Asclepias, Columbine and a few wildflower mixes). Now, we just water and wait...

6.4.2008 - Scattered variety of seeds in soil. Raked & Watered.

9.17.2008 - Unfortunately this did not take at all. I had about 3 blooms. I give up :) I will just plant a regular garden here next year!




1 comment:

Rox said...

Look at you with the garden blog. Love it! I will mark it and keep up along with you : )
Seeing as I don't have a yard. I will live vicariously(sp?) through you!

Rox