Sunday, June 8, 2008

{sunpatiens}

Every year I try to do something a little different in these hanging baskets.

Plant: "SunPatiens" these are supposed to be impatiens that can survive in full sun
Purchased at: Home Depot
Planted: May 17, 2008 - front porch
Photo Taken: June 6, 2008
Details given upon purchase: none
Planting notes: removed from hanging container, removed large portion of root ball and placed in hanging baskets

Notes:
6.8.08 - Require a ton of water. Even at twice a day, they still get very wilty. They still have managed to develop additional blooms. I'm not sure if are getting too much sun, or if the drainage is just too quick on the baskets.

9.17.08 - Definitely won't get these again (at least not for hanging baskets). They are just too needy for this super sunny spot. If I weren't so lazy, I would've bought new plants to replace these, but luckily my dear husband has been great about watering them daily.

No comments: